An incredible once in a lifetime opportunity for Year 10 students from VIC, WA, SA, NT and TAS to take part in a dynamic, bespoke 5-week educational journey to Israel.
What will you get out of the program?
- Opportunities to experience Israel’s land, people, culture and history
- Life-long Jewish friendships
- Emotional growth in developing and connecting to your personal Jewish identity
- A well-structured, highly organised experience, staffed with both Australian and Israeli Leaders (Madrichim), as well as senior staff
- Pre-Israel activities to meet and bond with your cohort
- Post-Israel activities, giving you the opportunity to connect with each other and the wider community
- The program is highly sought-after and enjoys strong support, from both the extended Jewish community, school principals and parents.
LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!
This program is specifically designed for year 10 students at non-Jewish schools. It brings together year 10 students from all over Australia for an immersive 5-6 week experience in December / January. The students learn about our homeland, religion, people, culture and history, while traveling the country from top to bottom. Along the way they have many unique experiences, create lifelong friendships and develop a strong connection to our homeland.
Things to know:
- UJEB invites students from Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, Northern Territory and Western Australia to participate
- Students must be in Year 10 in a non-Jewish school and have at least one Jewish parent to be eligible
- Discretionary grants and means-tested financial assistance are available through the Israel For Youth Foundation
If your student is at a non-Jewish school and missed the UJEB Year 10 Israel trip in 2021 due to covid, they should consider the 5 week Year 13 Yalla Israel program taking place in the year after they finish school in the January 2024 intake. Click HERE to read more about Yalla Israel.