UJEB‘s Israel program, KETSEV, is an incredible once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Year 10 and 11 students from non-Jewish day schools from VIC, WA, SA, NT and TAS to take part in a dynamic, bespoke 5-week educational journey to Israel.
Due to the circumstances in Israel, the 2023/2024 Israel program was cancelled.
For 2024/2025, Year 11 students will have the opportunity to participate in the Ketsev Israel program.
Who should apply for ketsev 2024/5 israel program?
On Ketsev, our students will connect to…
- The Sounds of Israel’s Dreams and foster awareness about the idea of Israel as the home of the Jewish people
- The Beat of Generations, and strengthen students’ Jewish consciousness, commitment and values
- The Vocals of the Locals and learn about to Israeli society and create ties with Israeli people
- The Rhythm of the Land, and familiarise students with Israeli History, Geography, and Culture
Finding their own Jewish beat means going through the journey of connecting to those areas.
At the heart of Ketsev lies a profound desire to connect students with the essence of Jewish peoplehood, our homeland, and the rich stories that shape our collective culture.
Our mission is to provide students with an integrated educational and pluralistic Jewish experience that allows them to connect:
- Socially by creating a large network of Jewish friends
- Communally by engaging them with our own Jewish organisations here in Australia.
- Globally by developing a sense of belonging to Jewish Peoplehood
- Nationally by embedding Israel in a special place in their heart.
Things to know about the program:
- Emotional growth in developing and connecting to your personal Jewish identity
- A well-structured, highly organised experience, staffed with both Australian and Israeli Leaders (Madrichim), as well as senior staff
- Pre-Israel activities to meet and bond with your cohort
- Post-Israel activities, giving you the opportunity and connect and the wider community.
- The program is highly sought-after and enjoys strong support, from both the extended Jewish community, school principals and parents.
- Discretionary grants and means-tested financial assistance are available through the Israel For Youth Foundation