UJEB's Gender Equality Pledge
United Jewish Education Board’s Gender Equality Pledge
The United Jewish Education Board (UJEB) acknowledges the following principles:
1. All members of our Jewish and broader community have the right to live in a safe and equitable society, with equal access to opportunities, representation and resources, and to be treated with dignity, respect and fairness.
2. A country, community or organisation cannot achieve its full potential without gender equality.
3. Women must be given the same rights and opportunities enjoyed by men across all sectors of society, including communal leadership, decision making and participation.
4. The aspirations, needs and voices of women and girls need to be respected and valued.
In pursuit of these principles, UJEB pledges to:
1. Embrace gender equality as an important value within our organisation.
2. Actively pursue a culture of respect for women and girls.
3. Annually review the number of women:
a. On the UJEB Board
b. In UJEB’s management and on its staff
c. On panels and at events, conferences and workshops in which UJEB participates,
with a commitment towards more equitable female participation.
4. Provide equality of educational opportunity to all children irrespective of gender.
Approved by the UJEB Board on 13 August 2019
We aim to achieve this through our 4 key Values:
Our programs support learners in exploring and understanding their Jewish identity. We hope to foster a feeling of connection to Jewish life and Israel.
The quality educational experiences provided aim to create curious and passionate learners who are engaged with their Jewish identity.
Program participants can begin establishing a lifelong connection and commitment not only to their local Jewish community, but to the wider, global Jewish community.
We strongly believe that all Jews have a right to learn about their Jewish identity. We aim to create programs that cater to those with special needs, and programs that are affordable to all.